5. How we keep you updated on our products and services
We will send you relevant news about The DP Index membership in a number of ways including by email, but only if we have a legitimate interest to do so and we have completed a legitimate interest assessment for the processing activity.
Newsletters and marketing communications might be sent from the www.thedpindex.com domain or from either controller’s domain e.g. www.dataprotectionworldforum.com
that provides an informative newsletter to business contacts.
Each email communication will have an option to object to the processing, if you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by following the link in the email and updating your preferences.
6. Your rights over your information
Your rights include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- The right to be informed of what personal data we hold, how we obtained it, who we may have shared it with and why and how long we intend to keep it.
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten), subject to our retention policy.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, in particular when that processing is based on our legitimate interests*.
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data at your request to another organisation).
- The right to be informed of any automated profiling (We currently do not process your personal data in this manner).
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by contacting us by our details below in section 12.
In all cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a data subject rights request.*
Please note that we are only obligated to cease processing if we cannot demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
For more information about your privacy rights
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
7. How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with Data Protection Legislation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of 2 years after our last contact with you or some other identifiable action, at which point it will be deleted or anonymised for statistical purposes, for example we may retain salary information such as “7% of DPOs in London earn above £30,000”.
8. Giving your reviews and sharing your thoughts
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and/or their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts, so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
1. Implementing access controls to our information technology; and
2. We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, website and offices.
10. What happens if our business changes hands?
12. How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:·
- By phone: 0345 319 4377
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Data Protection World Forum, 9-11 Castle Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BS
The DP Index Team
This Policy was last updated on 17/07/2020